Adolescent Depression Research Group
The Adolescent Depression Research Group, led by Laura Mufson, PhD, conducts research examining the evidence-based psychotherapy treatment and treatment outcomes for adolescent depression.
Our research includes:
- The evaluation of outcomes of empirically-supported psychotherapy for adolescents, in the arenas of efficacy and effectiveness;
- Adaptations of interpersonal psychotherapy for depressed adolescents (IPT-A) to be delivered in schools, primary care clinics, and community clinics;
- Evaluation of treatment engagement in minority youth;
- Models for the prevention of depression, anxiety and peer victimization, and for the treatment of pre-adolescent depression
- Predictors of treatment response in depressed youth;
- The use of technology to improve the delivery of care and treatment engagement.