Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training
Thank you for your interest in the NewYork-Presbyterian Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training Program, associated with both Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons and Weill Cornell Medicine.
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive education in the evolving field of child and adolescent psychiatry—including a variety of clinical experiences, didactic courses, and scholarly and research opportunities.
The program is a two-year, fully accredited residency training program in child and adolescent psychiatry. Our residents benefit from a unique partnership among four renowned New York City medical institutions—NewYork-Presbyterian (NYP), the Departments of Psychiatry at both Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons and Weill Cornell Medicine, and the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH). Each of our two classes is comprised of fourteen residents, including two residents in each class who are accepted into our specialized Community and Public Psychiatry Track Program. This specialized track program is offered in partnership with OMH and the New York City Children’s Center–Queens Campus. It, like our main program, meets all the Residency Review Committee requirements in child and adolescent psychiatry.
To learn more about our Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training Program, including information regarding the application and selection process, please visit the program’s website.
Rebecca Rendelman, MD
NYP/Weill Cornell Medicine
Oliver Stroeh, MD
Associate Training Director
Irving Medical Center Site Director
Helen Ding, MD
Assistant Training Director
- General Psychiatry Residency Training NYP/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- General Psychiatry Residency Training NYP/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Department of Psychiatry/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Department of Psychiatry/Weill Cornell Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian Psychiatry
- New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH)
- New York State Psychiatric Institute
- New York City Children's Center, Queen's Campus (NYCCC-Q)